Re: [OM] Very Odd Insect OT (if it wasn't OT, it is now!)

Subject: Re: [OM] Very Odd Insect OT (if it wasn't OT, it is now!)
From: jpendley@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 16:34:30 -0400

Ray Moth wrote:

> John Pendley wrote:
> No, Erwin, but I sure wouldn't want to find one in my shoe.  Glad
> Sumatra's a long way from Georgia.
> John,
>
> You won't find one in your shoe - it's fingers that the creature is
> fond of and the rhinozuikopod

And John, don't feel too smug about Sumatra being a long way away. The
> Sumatra-Georgia tunnel was completed in spring this year - April 1
> 2000, to be precise.  ...the tunnel was supposed to surface in Georgia,
> southeast
> Europe but, owing to series of administrative errors, it surfaced,
> instead, in Georgia, USA.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Thanks, Ray, for the clarification and information.  It confirms that I
was correct in my aversion to this insect.  Anything named a
"nose-lens-foot" should indeed be avoided.  But the subject is moot
since I *do* live in the former Soviet State of Georgia.  The change in
the routing of the tunnel was no "error," administrative or otherwise.
It was the result of a covert operation by our former secret police,
having two purposes.  First, we--strike that--they wished to bring the
capitalist economy to its knees by causing an uncontrollable urge in all
those infected to own as many examples as possible of a very limited
product.  In addition, the rerouting of the tunnel saved us from great
embarrasment: we only use Kievs.  Some of the originators of this plot
are still around and will, no doubt, take a dim view of your publishing
the existence of the tunnel.
Yours,
Boris--strike that--John