[OM] Lens flare

Subject: [OM] Lens flare
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:24:59 GMT
During the recent thread on the Zuiko 75-150/4, and single-coated vs. multi-coated lens, etc., I mentioned the multiple iris and flare artifacts produced by Fat Viv (Vivitar Series 1 28-90/2.8-3.5 varifocal) when confronted with a point light source. Click on this URL to take a look:

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1005538&a=7400079&p=25391591&Sequence=0

This is not a particularly good scan, obviously - the one-hour processor could not make sense of night photos, and either the focus was off or the enlarging lens was smudged. But you can see the flare. Photos taken with the Zuiko 75-150/4 zoom that same night, also with the moon directly in the shot, were free of flare. I think Dave Bulger and a couple other folks may have seen some of those shots. I'll make them available ASAP - I've got to rework my website as the Photoscene.com site, where my work has been stored, is shutting down.

Lex