[OM] Very Odd Insect OT (if it wasn't OT, it is now!)

Subject: [OM] Very Odd Insect OT (if it wasn't OT, it is now!)
From: Erwin Voogt <erwin.voogt@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 22:06:05 +0200
Hi,

Ray and John wrote:

> John Pendley wrote:
> No, Erwin, but I sure wouldn't want to find one in my shoe.  Glad
> Sumatra's a long way from Georgia.
> John,
>
> You won't find one in your shoe - it's fingers that the creature is
> fond of and the rhinozuikopod

And John, don't feel too smug about Sumatra being a long way away. The
> Sumatra-Georgia tunnel was completed in spring this year - April 1
> 2000, to be precise.  ...the tunnel was supposed to surface in Georgia,
southeast
> Europe but, owing to series of administrative errors, it surfaced,
> instead, in Georgia, USA.

++
> Thanks, Ray, for the clarification and information.  It confirms that I
> was correct in my aversion to this insect.

Well, not only insects can be very dangerous.
Here in The Netherlands we suffer from an attack of Titanium eating giant
mice! Here is a picture of such a mouse attacking my camera because it
thought the camera was an OM4ti:

http://members.xoom.com/_XMCM/photovoogt/macro/muis1_md.jpg

Fortunately, the camera was an OM40. And to complete the OM content of this
message: lens Zuiko 50 mm F3.5, Flash T20, film Kodachrome 200. Anyway, the
full story of this mouse will be presented within a few days on the website.
(And yes, smart people figure out that if there is a muis1.jpg, there
probably is also a muis2.jpg...)

Bye,

Erwin Voogt
Utrecht, The Netherlands