Re: [OM] Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens... is it a good trade?

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 285 flash for Oly 75-150mm lens... is it a good trade?
From: "Chris O'Neill" <coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 21:13:40 -0600
Just a quick update on my continuing saga...

I did make the trade today.  My newly aquired (e-Bay) Vivitar 285 flash
for a Zuiko 75-150/f4 lens (#300385).  The lens is in *really* good
condition...  no cosmetic marks, not even on the barrel under the lens
shade.  Focusing and zoom ring operation are smooth, and the stops on
the aperature ring are crisp.  It came with original caps and Olympus
hard pouch.  (The pouch has a bit of scuffing, but is in pretty good
shape, too.)

No, it's *not* multi-coated.  (Sorry, again, for my earlier error!)  I tried
the suggestions on checking for focus drift (there was none), and
checking for muddy reflections to indicate possible element separation
(none of that, either...  nice, sharp purple and white circles).  The glass
is very clear, and I don't see any signs of scratches or fungus.

So it looks like I got a good one!  Thanks, everyone, for your advice and
suggestions!  I've learned ALOT about how to check used lenses before
slapping down my hard earned money.

Now, maybe I should start looking for a Zuiko 35-70mm to cover the wide-
angle-to-short-telephoto range???  (Grin!)

Chris
(AKA Mr. In-Denial)

---
Chris O'Neill (coneill@xxxxxxxxxxx)