Re: [OM] Semi-OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Semi-OT
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:16:31 GMT
I don't know whether these "contests" are legitimate or not. I've entered only two, one sponsored by CompuServe with some very attractive prizes (which I, unfortunately, did not win), the other co-sponsored by American Photographer magazine.

The CompuServe contest was thoroughly legit, judged in a timely manner and I couldn't seriously dispute any of the finalists, tho' I wasn't among them. ;)

Winners of the other contest were supposed to have been announced by March 2000, but to date the website has not been updated and the entire affair appears to be in limbo. No entry fee, so no loss.

But I won't send hard copies of my images to any contest of unknown origin or sponsorship.

Lex
===