Re: [OM] OM4 problem

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 problem
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 12:32:50 +0000
I've experienced two phenomena with my OM-4:

(1)  "New" batteries that were not really new and had exceeded the shelf
life at the watch counter where I bought them.  Unfortunately, I cannot
find a date code on batteries any more.

(2)  Even in the "B" shutter speed position with the mode switch in
"Manual" you can still drain the batteries very quickly if something in
your camera bag is pressing on the button that illuminates the finder (on
right side of prism).  This has even happened *in* a "never-ready" case (no
it was not the case that did it, but how the camera was up against a
divider in the camera bag).

I recommend getting another set of batteries (#357 watch batteries) from a
different source and trying again.  Every time I've thought it might be the
OM-4 it has always been the batteries and a good set lasts almost a year.

-- John