Re: [OM] Thanks for the lens list !

Subject: Re: [OM] Thanks for the lens list !
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:33:03 GMT
Thanks for the URL reference, I enjoyed looking at it and the UV-related page. Anything Lentar always catches my eye. I don't think they were an OEM, but the lenses I've seen marketed under that name were of very good quality.

Lex
===

Subject: [OM] Thanks for the lens list !
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 1980 00:43:27 -0800

Well thanks for the lens list !
I'm looking up some of my lenses.

I have a picture on my web site that I took with the Lentar 250mm mirror

on Kodak Infrared Ektachrome by E6 process.  I used a set of Olympus
extension
tubes as well as a 55 mm yellow #12 filter  that I adapted with an old
polarizer ring and some
black plastic electrical tape.  That home made filter adapter worked so
well that I just keep it on
all the time.
The image by the Lentar mirror is at
http://flzhgn.home.mindspring.com/eir.htm

Brand  Focal (mm) f/stop Yr  List $   1998 $   Diaphragm   Lens Type
lentar         250   5.6 70    $100     $429   fixed       tele mirror

celestron      300   5.6    ____ ?   ____?   fixed       tele mirror
I was hoping to find a Celestron 300 mm mirror becaus of its
compactness.
Is it the most compact of mirror lenses ?

or is the smallest the:
cambron        300   5.6 76    $140     $408   fixed       tele (mirror)

-- Hank