[OM] OM-2 winding/shutter problem

Subject: [OM] OM-2 winding/shutter problem
From: Jörg Hagmann <hagmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:20:36 +0100
Dear OM-2 users,

Our OM-2S camera displays the following problem:
Sometimes, after winding, the shutter can't be pressed down. It then might
take one or several more winding operations, until the shutter consents to
being released, resulting in the loss of the frames inbetween (i.e. the
winding itself works, the film is not slipping). There is no pattern to the
phenomenon, it occurs in any of the three modes, and the batteries are new.
The problem shows up at irregular intervals, I lost between 3 and 16 frames
per 36 roll of film.
Has anybody encountered the same problem?
If yes, do you know what the reason might be and whether it's worth to have
the camera repaired? And how much would that cost?
The camera has always been sitting on top of a microscope and wasn't much used.
Thanks for your help, Jorg.

Dr. Jörg Hagmann
Friedrich Miescher-Institute
P.O. Box 2543