Re: [OM] Eye Fixers

Subject: Re: [OM] Eye Fixers
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 07:35:11 -0700
Hi Chris:

<< If the Varimagni finder is the way to go, someone commented in a
recent e-Bay ad that they were selling theirs because it was hard to use
while wearing glasses, so do you use it without your glasses or what? >>

The Varimagnifinder has its own dioptric correction, plus a removable
eyecup. So you can use it with or without glasses, although my eyesight
isn't too bad and I find that I'm cranking to correction to near max.
But, perhaps that is because the OM-4 I typically use it on already has
correction dialed in?

Getting proper dioptric correction in the viewfinder will do wonders for
critical focusing ability! I find that correctly adjusted and using a
fast lens, I do longer have to rely on split image prisms or
microprisms. I like matte surfaces better: like on the 2-4 screen.  If
you have long lenses (300mm and greater) on the OM-2, try a 1-8 screen.
I even like the 1-8 on slow and shorter telephotos, like a 100-200 f/5,
or when using a teleconverter.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV