[OM] Oly SP repair help

Subject: [OM] Oly SP repair help
From: Frantisek Vlcek <ffranta@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 18:51:21 +0200
Hello all! I am completely new to this list, apart from reading the
archives few times.

I have this little wonder camera, Olympus 35 SPn, mainly as a travel
leica-style camera, with the great benefit of its spot metering. But now it
has broken somewhat. The main winding lever just doesn't snap back when
turned. It stops sluggishly in about middle of the return arc, and pressure
must be exerted to return it and cock the shutter. It's quite impractical
in practice ;-) What's more, the frame counter mechanism is broken
slightly, it advances, but snaps back to frame 0 when cocking the shutter.
I dissasembled the upper part of camera, viewed the wind lever assembly and
it seems I know where the problem lies, but not how to repair it. Any help
would be greatly appretiated. Advice, or even a contact where I could get a
repair manual would be great. I can't find any experienced repairmen where
I live (Central Europe) and sending it abroad is much too expensive for
such thing. But I have experience myself in general repair, or have enough
capable friends who could repair it with a repair manual.

Thanks a lot

Frantisek Vlcek

good light!             [remove the Monty Python text to mail me <g>]
        Frantisek       <mailto:ffrantaSPAMSPAMSPAMSPAMLOVELYSPAM@xxxxxxxx>