[OM] The pain, oh the pain.....

Subject: [OM] The pain, oh the pain.....
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:53:05 -0500
Well, I think I can agree with your position, especially today.   My
addiction is affecting my livelihood. I got three separate packages in the
mail today.  One contained my new (used) OM-2000 (ebay - good value), my 18
(complete with the Olympus 72mm step-up) and my 16. Now all I want to do is
blow off work and go shoot some film. The 16 came in the same box as 15
rolls of Supra (5-100,5-400,5-800) which makes it an even bigger struggle.
The new Kodak Supra is supposed to be awesome, especially for scanning.

First observations.

The 2000 has a nice feel. I don't see it becoming my 'primary' body, but I
do see it getting some use. It came in the original box, complete with the
instruction manual. I think I actually need to read the manual, since the
controls are so 'foreign'. For the price I paid, it's a nice addition.

The 18 is as nice as I remembered it. I owned one briefly, at the beginning
of my acquisition binge and foolishly sold it, thinking it wouldn't get much
use (you know who you are...).  Glad to have it back. It's funny, I sold my
18 and my 300 and ended up having to buy other ones.  Now I regret selling
my 100/2, although it saw almost no use.

The 16. How can you describe it.  It's cool.  Incredibly small. I expected
something really big and it's not much bigger than the 40/2.  Dial-in
filters.  Glass,glass,glass.  The one I got has wear on the aperture ring,
so it's had use, but the glass couldn't be clearer.  The distortion is
interesting, with your world wrapping in one you.  I'm not sure this will
end up as a daily-use lens, but for the right situation nothing else would
do.

I'm losing it, aren't I.

Tom