Re: [OM] UV vs Skylight filter question

Subject: Re: [OM] UV vs Skylight filter question
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 00:56:20 GMT
It can matter, particularly with slide film. Skylight/UV/haze filters vary tremendously - relatively speaking - in color. There's no standard for these filters so manufacturers' choices vary from pinkish to orangy and even slightly magenta.

While flash tends to overcome these slight tints, as does daylight, certain types of artificial lighting may produce some unexpected and undesirable effects.

I'd suggest experimenting with your choice of film shooting identical photos with and without your filters to check performance. I doubt you'll see much difference with color print film, especially Fuji Reala or any speed Superia, but it's still a good idea to experiment.

Lex
===