Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)

Subject: Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 20:40:37 -0500
I agree that the Superia X-tra 800 is a great film, for its speed, but
disagree that there is no difference between 100/400/800.  All of my
negatives end up being scanned at 4000dpi and many are printed on my Epson
1270, often at 13x19.  The 800 definately has a more noticeable grain to it.
Not objectionable, just noticeable.

I'm pretty excited about trying the new Kodak Supra. It was evidently
designed specifcally to be scanned.

Tom

> Speaking as a former photojournalist - which continues to influence my
> shooting style - my idea of a truly light kit would be a single body, the
> 35-70/3.5-4.5 Zuiko (which I don't own yet, but will), and some Fuji
Superia