Re: [OM] Hoya lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Hoya lens?
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 06:46:46 -0700
Lex wrote:
<snip>
OTOH, why should a table of numbers be more persuasive than a considered
summary conclusion based on objective testing?
<snip>

Lex,
        The main reason a table of numbers is more persuasive is that it can be
verified by independent tests such as Gary's.  Conclusions without the
supporting data are as Gary states, opinions.  In Gary's case he has
described his methods for others to duplicate and therefore validate or
refute his data.
        With all the talk lately of Zuikoholism I'm surprised no one has
pointed out Gary's particular strain.  Yes, Tom has an obvious case, but
Gary is content(?) to just test the lenses at great time and no small
expense.  Tom's affliction only requires money while Gary's takes time,
a much more valuable commodity in my book.  Thanks again Gary for doing
what most of us don't have the time to even contemplate.

Mike Butler
Dublin, California