[OM] ........Personalized OM4Ti... Pt 2......

Subject: [OM] ........Personalized OM4Ti... Pt 2......
From: "claire" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 22:02:23 +0800
Dear Z and Z's.......
Many moons ago I sent a suggestion of using exotic leathers to personalise
our treasured OMs......

Well.....finally found a shop dealing in leathercraft...... Just bought
myself 3 pieces of calfskin...... Burgundy, Army Green, and Tan with
snakeskin texture stamped on it........... and I am going to strip the PVC
off the body and replace it with one of these leathers...... (BTW, the shop
has a wide variety of types and hues of leathers ....really hard time
deciding what colour to buy....)

...question is..... which colour should I use ? My OM4Ti is champagne....

Interesting shop..... they even have a simple machine to thin down the
snakeskin piece of leather so it won't be too thick and bulge out of the
body !!!

I recall seeing 3 OM-1n's in a camera boutique ( I believe its still around
on display) window display....... the sales staff rudely siad they were not
for sale when I enquired further.... They were clad in Burgundy, Mustard
Yellow, and Green leather......... They really looked unique.........

Now I have a chance at having my own personalised 4Ti......

They didn't have ostrich skin..... like them Leica M6s in Titanium...... U
know the ones with those knotty bumps...... They said Ostrich skin is too
tough..... I don't understand......

Real snake skin is very thin and very flaky.... wouldn't stand prolonged
use....

I'm all excited.....

Peace
TMLee