RE: [OM] Selection of Additional Wide Angle Lens

Subject: RE: [OM] Selection of Additional Wide Angle Lens
From: Frank Berryman <FAB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 12:00:56 -0500
Thanks for your thoughtful comments.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark [mailto:om4ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 10:47 AM
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Frank,
   I love the super wides myself, I have all of them. I use my 18 much more
than the 21. Which is better, is a case of personal preference and subject
matter. My father was the same way, he used the 16 and the 18 quite a bit.
His old lenses are both owned by list members now.

I just did some photos at a family gathering, I took the 28-48 and the 18
with me. I used the 18 more because of the small rooms at this particular
persons home but the 28-48 was wonderful out in the yard. Would 21 have been
enough, probably, but the 18 gives the small home a much more spacious look
and the photos were going out to relatives that don't really get to this
part of the country.

I have found myself getting rid of several of my extra lenses above 21mm in
recent years. I just sold my 21/3.5 last year and will probably sell off my
28/2 some time this year. I gave my 35-70/4 to my oldest niece last
Christmas and the 35-105 to my brother along with the spare 85/2.