Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)

Subject: Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 12:24:49 +0000
At 02:02 8/4/00 , Roger Skully wrote:
>In a message dated 8/3/00 9:35:35 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
>> Rotated out of the
>>  > position that cuts
>>  > glare, it's good for about 2-3 stops like an ND.  YMMV
>>  > depending on what
>I was under the impression that it was always a light loss of 1.3 stops to
>adjust for the filter. Am I unaware of some changing variable?
>
>Roger Skully
>robinsnestphotography.com

Mea Culpa!  The inner quotation was me, and that should read correction
factor, not stops.  Correction factors are used by multiplying shutter
speed with them.  Translated into stops, it's about what Roger mentioned,
between 1-1/3 and 1-2/3 stops, with YMMV depending on who made it (some are
darker than others).

-- John