Re: [OM] ........Personalized OM4Ti... Pt 2......

Subject: Re: [OM] ........Personalized OM4Ti... Pt 2......
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 18:49:17 GMT
Oddly enough ostrich skin is quite tough, as we occasional boot wearers know (altho' I'm more of a sandal guy). So's kangaroo. But the king of hide is elephant - a thin layer resists all but .50 cal. BMG.

Snakeskin can get flaky but I'd bet it would hold up on a camera with reasonable care.

The machine they use to thin the hide (especially the edges so they'll fit flat) is called a skiver. Impossible to do what that machine does by any other means. You can always spot the skiver operator - look for the fellow with the thinnest fingertips.

I'd go burgundy or green with the champagne.

Lex
===