Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)

Subject: Re: [OM] What lens to carry (again)
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 16:36:07 -0400 (EDT)
I really appreciated all the input and advice from everyone on the
questions I raised.  However, I draw the line at the following
recommendation ("focus first...").  Don't forget, I was asking
about general travel photography, where I won't have a lot of time
to set up for a shot.  I'll be lucky to have any time at all to
focus, much less to focus and meter, then mount the filter (without
changing the focus) and then re-compose and take the shot!

The last trip I was in, I was touring with a group of teenagers
(a local youth orchestra) and every time I tried to take a shot of
the group, I was handed 10 P&S cameras, all asking "can you take a
picture with my camera".  In the end, I didn't have time to focus
my OM and ended up either without a shot of my own or a (slightly)
out-of-focus picture.  Which is more the reason for me to use a
faster film, I guess, I can compensate for the lack of focus with
a greater depth-of-field by closing down the aperture.

I would like to learn to take advantage of the polarizing filter
though.  So maybe someone can explain the process of mounting the
filter quickly to me.  Thanks.
        -Dan