[OM] Re: [0M] OM-2n thing

Subject: [OM] Re: [0M] OM-2n thing
From: Larry <Halpert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 02:45:38 -0400
I've never seen it mentioned here, so I imagine it is thought of as never
happening, but about 18 years ago I found myself having a once in a while
annoyance of the X/FP switch accidently being knocked to the FP position, and
ruining my flash pictures. It was obviously a common problem in the eyes of
Olympus in Woodbury, NY which I live about 20 mins away from. When I brought it
in for its first CLA (only $65, then) they already had devised a small
modification to solve the problem. (They had many complaints, and the standard
fee for the prob was $5 above the CLA). They simply inserted and glued a formed
piece of black plastic next to the X/FP switch that followed the form of the
switch, and was against the main part of the body on the other side. It now
couldn't move, and I've never taken it off.

Larry