Re: [OM] Hoya lens?

Subject: Re: [OM] Hoya lens?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 19:27:12 -0700
Doris writes:

<< [I] have found his tests predicted the performance of my lens well.
THANKS (again), Gary >>

I packed the peanut gallery with Zuikoholics. Considering how many of
the lenses were loaners from OM list subscribers, I figured no one could
argue the results! Chuckle, chuckle.

Seriously, the strong correlation with Doris's observations is
happenstance, since none of the samples are from her collection.

I have a Tamron SP 28-105mm f/2.8 coming in that will get tested. That
should be an interesting lens. I have a IS-30 that I could test, BUT it
can't be manually focused.  So I would be testing both autofocus
accuracy and lens qualities. I don't want to go there again.  I tried
that with a Ricoh GR-1 and got mush. The high contrast detail in the
test map is so small that the camera really see a low contrast subject.
It calls for an active autofocusing camera.

My promised little brochure with photomicrographs of the SQF benchmark
(A+, A, B, C grade) test slides still awaits my availability of free
time.

Thanks for the kudos from folks.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV