Re: [OM] Sticky or slow Shutter

Subject: Re: [OM] Sticky or slow Shutter
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 14:41:38 EDT
Hi Bob,
Welcome to the list.
Sounds like you have the sticky shutter magnet problem, caused by oil
accumulating on the magnets. If you're not too handy with small mechanical
things, you'll need a CLA by a repairman, as the camera has to be taken apart
to get at the problem. There's info on that problem in the FAQ section. go
to- http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/photo.shtml
that's a good starting point to see several OM SLR related links. I have an
old OM-10 that acts up for the first FIVE or so frames, I limit my use of
that camera a lot, since a CLA would cost twice its value.
BTW- you'll get 50-75 mails from this list too, unless we start another
"What serial number 50mm lens had phillips type screws in the mount and how
can I tell if my screws were replaced and should have the slotted type, ? "
thread.....  then you'll get 400 a day ....( just kidding ) [I think!]

Bob7Shel@xxxxxxx writes:

>     My name is Bob.  I'm new to this list.  I have been an owner of an
>  Olympus OM-10 for years now and really like the camera.
                            <snip>
    I have this problem with the shutter being very slow on
> one  and the shutter being slow on the first picture I take with the other,
but
>  then seems to work fine thereafter.
                            <snip>
 I have read something  about a magnetic ring thing?  What is this and how do
I clean it?  Don't  worry, I only use WD-40 on my cars.   LOL   Thanks for
any responces.  ...PS how many letters will I receive a day on this list.  I
am on