Re: [OM] Sigma Lens repair

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma Lens repair
From: Steve Goss <sgoss@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:48:49 -0500
>Chris wrote:
>I recently purchased a used Sigma 70-250 Zoom II that has a problem.  The
>tab on the mount that couples to the light meter on the camera body has
>broken off.  I noticed that there was a Canon mount version on eBay that had
>the same problem.  Anyone know if this is common or just coincidence?  Is it
>repairable?  Any ideas on what it would cost?

I have a Tokina 50-200 zoom that had the same problem.  It was caused by
twisting the lens too far when mounting it, because the little screw that
kept the lens from turning too far fell out and got lost.  Mine was repaired
by Garland Camera & Repair in Garland, Texas for $72.  $70 for the standard
lens repair fee, and $2 for fabricating a new coupling lever.

Steve Goss, Dallas, Tx usa