RE: [OM] What lens to carry (again)

Subject: RE: [OM] What lens to carry (again)
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 21:17:21 -0400
That makes sense.  I read in the instructions for a Tamron 500mm lens I used
to use that it was designed for use with the filters that screw into the
back of the lens.  The lens needs the filters to maintain proper optical
properties.  The lens comes with a skylight installed in the rear holder.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

On Mon, 7 Aug 2000, Dan Lau wrote:

> However, my question has to do with the recommendation "focus first,
> then mount the polarizing filter".

   I should go & check, but am pretty sure that Ansel says that
when one adds a filter, the focus is shifted. You may have an easier
time focusing, but be ruining accuracy by then installing the filter.

                                            *= Doris Fang =*