Re: [OM] Get the spammer's website (was Re: [OM] Free No-Repay Grants..

Subject: Re: [OM] Get the spammer's website (was Re: [OM] Free No-Repay Grants..)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 21:31:39 +0000
At 16:48 8/7/00 , you wrote:
>Send complaints to angelfire.com.
>This spam has a web site that can be canceled. I've had success in the past
>in similar circumstances. Most ISPs will cancel a web site if it's being used
>as part of a spam, even if the actual spam emails are sent through another
>ISP. I've heard though, that angelfire doesn't have a real good record on
>dealing with abuses.
>
>Paul Farrar

BTW, here's where it *really* came from:

>(sdn-ar-001ohdaytP247.dialsprint.net [168.191.28.137])
>        by fw.sls.bc.ca (8.8.7/8.8.7) with SMTP id IAA27429
>        for <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:10:22 -0700

You can send your complaints also to "dialsprint.net" and the account is
"sdn-ar-001ohdaytP247".  "mail01.homeworkers2333323.com" is bogus!!!  The
true source is the dialsprint one in parentheses after that with the IP
address (the numbers) for which the domain name and domain address
cross-check through the domain name servers (i.e. the name matches the
address).

Relevant email addresses for complaining to Sprint about the SPAM:
  dns-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
  abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  abuse@xxxxxxxxxx
  postmaster@xxxxxxxxxx

Relevant email addresses for complaining to angelfire are:
  antispam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't bother with AOL, "grantgoldworld@xxxxxxx" is bogus too.

-- John