RE: [OM] Lens Test

Subject: RE: [OM] Lens Test
From: Richard Dale <Richard.Dale@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 13:25:45 +0100
Yes for some reason the 85 doesn't seem as bright as the 100 2.8 and I have
difficulty focusing it. The 100 does seem to give much better results.
I have a 35-70 3.6 zoom which I don't use that often (it is sharper I'm sure
than the 35), so maybe getting the 2.8 zoom will be a waste of time.

I wonder if the 2.8 zoom is a development of the 3.6 or presumably an
entirely new design.

Richard

I'm a bit surprised that you aren't pleased with the 85/2 as it is one of my
favorite lenses. The 35/2 isn't my favorite, just because almost every zoom
I own goes that wide.  As for the 35-80/2.8, it is an amazing lens, but
combines heavy with expensive. If I am only carrying a body and a lens,
that's the one I often carry (although the 35-70/3.5-4.5 gets just as much
use).

Me, I'd try to find a nice 35-70/3.5-4.5 first.  The 35-80/2.8 goes for
close to $1000 used ($1300 new at B&H).

 -----Confidentiality Notice-----
This Communication and the information it contains:-
(a) Is intended only for the person(s) or organisation(s) named above
and for no other person(s) or organisation(s)
(b) May be confidential, legally privileged and protected in law.
Unauthorised use, copying or disclosure of any of it may be unlawful.
please contact us immediately by email at administrator@xxxxxxxxxx