Re: [OM] Lens Test

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Test
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:54:27 -0700
Richard writes:

<< I remember looking at something called photopod was it? >>

You are close.  That is Photodo.com

<< Also I'm not too impressed with the performance of the zuiko 35mm F2
and 85 F2, is it worth replacing these with a 2.8 35-80 zoom. >>

I have found some wide production sample variability in the 35mm f/2.
Try a different sample before writing it off.  Main reason: the 35-80mm
f/2.8 has very noticable distortion at 35mm and users report it won't be
entirely suitable for some subjects in which you would expect a straight
line, like off-axis sea horizons and buildings. The 35mm f/2 is also
more useful for shoots where you have to focus in dim light, like
wedding receptions and banquets. Popular Photography also reported
distortion in the 35-80mm in macro range, but didn't indicate the focal
length that was observed at.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV