Re: [OM] Why all the shift lenses for sale?

Subject: Re: [OM] Why all the shift lenses for sale?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 00:39:06 -0700
A 35mm Shift for aerial photography, huh?  Hum, for vertical aerial
photography, if one took two simultaneous pictures from piggy-backed
cameras and the lenses were shifted in opposite directions, they would
end up with a stereo pair taken at the same time.  Thus no differences
due to change in altitude or wing pitch (pardon my lack of proper
terminology) between pictures and no need for precise timing between
exposures - timing which would be dependent on wind speed and engine
speed . . . Interesting.

For oblique aerial photography, I'm not sure I can see any advantage to
a Shift lens.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV