[OM] Pushing C-41 film

Subject: [OM] Pushing C-41 film
From: rghosal@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 14:56:27 +0000
A question for the experienced on pushing C-41 (print)
film.  For various reasons, I ended up having to shoot a
roll of Fuji Super HG 100 at 400 ASA (i.e., I had the
ASA dial set at 400).  What is the best way to process
this?  The options I am currently aware of are:

1) Have it push-processed by 2 stops.  What would this
do to the pictures? Would the highlights be blown out
and the pictures too grainy? Finally, my local lab. does
not push-process C-41 film.  Do you know of any mail-
order operations that would do a good job on this?

2) Have it processed as ASA 100 but try to compensate
during printing.  What's the downside of this?  I would
probably lose a lot of shadow detail, would I not?

If you have any other suggestions on how I might salvage
this roll, I would be happy to get your ideas.  The
pictures are not particularly valuable or irreplaceable,
but I would sure like to save it if I could.

Thanks and keep Zuiking.

Regards,
Ranjan