Re: [OM] ....feedback....

Subject: Re: [OM] ....feedback....
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 00:09:58 GMT
Great info. I, too, have used rubber cement to restick the covering on an Olympus 35RC and other cameras. It works great, is very forgiving of error (if you goof the first time, peel it back and try again), and when finally done properly lasts quite a while. I imagine it will work even better on leather which has natural pores for a better "grip".

For repetitive projects leatherworkers use sharp edged punch dies, which is probably what's used to cut those holes for the self timer in factory standard OM-4T's. With thin leather and for holes that size, I imagine a sharp set of shears, like curved cuticle scissors, could be used more easily than an Exacto knife. Fold the leather in half to make the circle an easier-to-manage semi-circle. Just a thought.

So ya don't think I'd like mustard yeller, huh? Well ... let's put it this way ... it's fine on hot dogs and bratwurst. I'd like to see a cerulean blue on a chrome body. I might even consider sacrificing my Larry Mahon kangaroo boots (which are a mite snug on me). The blood red leather and western stitching would look pretty cool on a camera. Maybe an OM-4Tex?

Lex
===