RE: [OM] Re: [0M] OM-2n thing

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: [0M] OM-2n thing
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 10:24:46 -0400
Foxy,
What folks are trying to tell you is that the F280 on an OM-2n will not give
anything close to conventional FP results.
When a standard FP bulb is triggered, it takes a while to reach peak output.
That is the function of the FP setting.
When you use this FP mode on an F280, it will simply fire before the shutter
opens.  Therefore, no flash exposure.
I'm not even sure that the FP mode can be triggered on the F280 unless it is
triggered off the special contacts that only a 4T has.

Buying FP bulbs may be expensive, but they will work.  I'm not at all
convinced your idea will begin to produce usable results.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

The F280 on super FP mode delivers a flash signal for 1/30 second. The
triggering is a voltage pulse. It does have a quench signal, but I wasn't
goingto worry about that. Use the FP signal to turn on a voltage signal to
the F280. Same as FP, the thing lights for 1/30 second. So Super FP flash
with a 1n.

I do like your comments regarding bulbs and will look further. It's just an
expensive way to shoot when most of the first shots will be experiments.

Thanks

Foxy