[OM] ........feedback......

Subject: [OM] ........feedback......
From: "tmlee" <clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 23:10:40 +0800
Dear Dan.....

Thanks to one Tom Scales of the OM list, U can finally view the pics at the
following......

http://www.zuikoholic.com/tmlee/om4tifront.jpg
http://www.zuikoholic.com/tmlee/om4tirear.jpg
http://www.zuikoholic.com/tmlee/r7front.jpg
http://www.zuikoholic.com/tmlee/r7rear.jpg

Attaching the leather ?
I used rubber glue..... those honey coloured stinking stuff (also used by
glue-sniffers    ...... !!!!! ) where U have to let them half dry out then
press them together.... One caution, when U spread this glue, make sure it
is very evenly spread, cos now U are using real leather which is soft and
not as stiff as the original UPVC....... so any lumps of glue underneath
will show up as bumps after U finished...... The same thing occurs when
there are recesses and holes on the metal body, it will show up as
depressions.... thats why they have little very thin stiff cards to cover
them up and lay the skin over.....

The same kind of glue for shoes.....

Use a leather hole puncher (like they use fro creating holes in trouser
belts) to create the perfect hole round the screwhole for the handgrip.....

For the self timer hole, no choice, U have to cut carefully round it..... U
must use a very very sharp knife, like them NT paper cutters - fresh blade
please - reason ? A blunt or chipped blade will cause the skin to fray, the
fibres will stick out all over.... botching up the whole outlook of the
camera...... teh objective is to get very sharp clean cut leather skin
pieces and very close fitting to the camera outlines........

Someone recommended PVA glue....... I totally disagree...... rubber glue is
best cos any excess oozing out the edges, can be easily rubbed off cleanly
when dried....

PVA can be disastrous cos it can causing bad staining..... messy...

Have fun.....

For those of U who try....... let me see a mustard yellow over a black
body.... It should look classy...... (I know Lex J wouldn't agree....!)

Whilst we are at it, lets  lookout for someone who can come up with the best
colour combo with the champagne 4Ti.....

Peace
TMLee