Re: [OM] reflex mirror falling off (OM40/PC Body)

Subject: Re: [OM] reflex mirror falling off (OM40/PC Body)
From: Ruediger Betzold <rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 19:57:22 +0200 (MET DST)

John Hermanson wrote:
>2 part 5 minute epoxy is commonly used.
> John  Hermanson

ok, will buy this one

"Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a feeling, though, that whatever glue you use there is a
> possibility you might have a problem with focusing afterwards and might
> have to adjust (bend) the mirror rest pin to re-establish viewfinder
> focus.

might this be possible ? I thought I will put three little drops of glue at
the former place of it (after cleaning), then lay the mirror glass in the metal
frame and push the glass to the top part of the frame up to where it stops
and press the glass softly down in the frame.

If it happens to be out of focus can I bend the frame ?
Will it be not only correct after sotfly bending it in far distance
but also in macro stuff ? need this ca for 20 0f my shots

thanx for all answers,

        Rudy