: Re: [OM] Hoya lens? and other grumblings...

Subject: : Re: [OM] Hoya lens? and other grumblings...
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 22:05:58 -0700 (PDT)
Lex said:
(snip) . . . I'll openly express my thoughts, opinions, feelings or
beliefs about anyone, and all too frequently do so  . .(snip). . The
feedback has demonstrated "diversity in unity", the Holy Grail among
the politically correct, which should be something of a tribute to list
members.
Lex,
IMHO, expressing one's thoughts tends usually to upset the "politically
correct", AKA the "brain dead". And rightly so! When the Land of the
Free becomes the Land of the Politically Correct, then it won't be free
any more. We should learn from the example of the former Soviet Union,
where political correctness was the best way to stay alive (or at least
free) and openly expressing one's thoughts was the worst. At one trial
of a dissident in Moscow, the judge said: "I might agree with what you
say but I'll oppose to the death your right to say it" [ObOly: he was a
cOMmunist]

Regards,

=====
Ray