[OM] Vivitar 2x macro teleconverter

Subject: [OM] Vivitar 2x macro teleconverter
From: "Pawel Golik" <pgolik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:33:03 -0400
Hi OM-gang!
    Having read so much praise of it recently on this list I have just
bought the Vivitar 2x Macro teleconverter from keh.com (BTW, they still have
one Ex+ for $59 if anyone's interested). It has a focusing ring (my old
no-name 2x teleconv didn't have one), I presume that it's for macro. It has
two lines of numbers: one in blue that goes from 1:1 to 1:3 and then it has
0.45M/50mm, the other one is in white and goes from 1:1.15 to 1:20 and then
infinity/50mm. I guess these are the macro settings for a 50mm lens, but
what is the difference between the blue line and the white line. Is it that
the blue line corresponds to the lens focused to 0.45 and the white one to
the lens focused to infinity, or are they for two different types of 50mm
lens?
    Any hints on how to use the thing (focusing with the lens vs. focusing
with the teleconverter's ring)?
            TIA
            Pawel
--
Pawel Golik, Ph.D.
Center for Molecular Medicine, Emory University