[OM] Back in the groove...ish

Subject: [OM] Back in the groove...ish
From: "Donald MacDonald" <donald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 23:04:07 +0100
I got back from France a couple of weeks ago, but things have been mad
around here. Anyway, all of the Kodachrome isn't back yet.

But my OM1n is! Thanks, John. It was waiting for me when I got back. I will
put film through it this weekend. It looks great. So bright with that
Beattie screen. And a grid; no more sloping horizons...

France was great, we missed most of the lousy weather. One day of rain,
several windy, cold days, otherwise wonderful. And the Tour was first rate.
I have to say, though, that I abandoned OM for the actual event. I used the
iS3000.

Practice during the mass amateur ride a couple of days before convinced me.
It is a very intuitive camera, and brilliant for shooting that kind of
action. Unfortunately I didn't get much time to shoot lots of pics, and I
was learning a few things along the way, but I am convinced that this is my
Tour camera. Now I need another one...

The OMs, of course, still got a lot of use. Having said that, it wasn't a
very photographic holiday. Or a very cycling holiday. But the rest was good.
And I am sending out lots of CVs and networking furiously. A change is as
good as a rest. I'm currently still off work, and digging escape tunnels.

I sent some files to my web space yesterday, just an empty test framework,
no content as yet. I intend it to cover Scottish Mountains, Cycling and my
OM gear, and am working on it now. I also have some old cycling medals from
the 1920s and 30s won by my mother's uncle Joe, and I am intending
researching those, they will probably find their way onto cyberspace. If you
know how Freeserve works, you can probably guess my webspace from my email
address; but there ain't much point in going there, yet.

Great to read all the posts. Lex is really getting into hyperdrive ;-)

Tom, the best wishes of this heathen to you and your family. And
congratulations to TMLee and wife on their new addition.

Donald.