Re: [OM] Tokina 28-85?

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina 28-85?
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 08:44:39 EDT
Hi Jim,
I have had that lens for a while as I too, like that zoom range. I have
experience with most Tokinas, as I have been using them for decades. What I
notice about most of them, yours included, is they're quite a bit larger ( a
LOT larger) than our Zuikos, heavy and all metal construction. This can be a
definite plus to some users, and a minus to others. Personally, being a
manly-man and having large hands, I love these lenses. Overall optically, I
feel the lens is verrry sharp, but may be a bit on the cool side ( which has
been my experience with many [most?] Tokinas ). Nothing drastic, you won't
look at the prints and scream "I need a warming filter!", but it's not quite
as warm as my Zuikos, and we all know our Zuiks are in a class almost by
themselves! All in all, the Tokinas seem to soldier on and on with not a bit
of a problem, and they're a good value on the used market. Enjoy your lens.

Best,
George S.