Re: [OM] [OT] Count Spamula bites again

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Count Spamula bites again
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 00:02:30 GMT
There are some fully accredited colleges and university that can assist folks in completing unfinished degrees under a "life experience" or multidisciplinary type of program. Fortunately I live near universities which offer such programs. Between my nearly 100 hours of journalism related studies and several hundred hours of documented continuing education studies related to occupational safety and health (not to mention photography and graphic arts studies, tho' I just did anyway), there's probably some kinda oddball degree buried in my skull.

Can anyone recommend a surgeon to ferret out a degree that won't require me to sit in a classroom? I actually have nightmares about being in school again. Arghhh!

But as John warns, I know of at least a couple of former journalists who lost their jobs because they lied about academic experience on their resumes. Personally I believe the last thing a journalist needs is a degree in anything except history. Studying journalism for more than a semester or two is like an artist majoring in paintbrushes.

Lex
===