Re: [OM] Which OM is best for Macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which OM is best for Macro?
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 16:40:52 -0500
In order of bang for the buck:

OM-2
OM-2N
OM-4
OM-4T or Ti

The OM-2 will do everything you ask for if you add the correct TTL Auto
Connector (Type 3); and is the cheapest of the lot.  Just remember to set
the correct shutter speed since it doesn't do it automatically with flash.
The OM-3 won't do auto exposure that you request, although the 3Ti will do
TTL auto flash exposure with T-series flashes. You'll pay extra for spot
metering, which is nice, but you didn't ask for it and it isn't usable for
flash macro, so there is no reason, based on your requirements list,  to get
the -2S, -4, or -4T.

So it appears to me that the answer is an OM-2.

Gary Edwards