Re: [OM] Lens hoods

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens hoods
From: "Lex Jenkins" <lexjenkins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 01:05:30 GMT
I've been using more generic collapsible hoods since the lens caps will fit without removing the hoods. They do take up more space in the bag tho'. Since these generic hoods may not fit some lenses properly without vignetting I sometimes trim the hoods. Had to do that with the hood for Fat Viv. Was pretty easy since the stupid hood began to split right where I was gonna trim it anyway.

For folks with ultra wides I guess there's no alternative to removing the hoods for storage - those saucer size hoods won't fit any bag properly.

Lex
===