RE: [OM] For everyone but Tom Scales

Subject: RE: [OM] For everyone but Tom Scales
From: "John Cwiklinski/Beaverton/Contr/IBM" <johncw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 12:39:54 -0700
Brian,

I could be interested in # 11. What is your "feel" on this one? Do all the
cords come with this one? Does the mounting bracket come with it? Thanks.

________________
John Cwiklinski

Please respond to olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by:        owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:     <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:

Stopped in at Midwest Photo in Columbus, OH today on my way to Cleveland.

WOW!  They had just received a number of Olympus items and were
inventorying
and pricing them. (I got to help with a few suggestions on prices)! (:>)!!
As usual, you can email me for more info, or contact the store : Call:
614-261-1264 Fax: 614-261-1637 E-Mail: mpx@xxxxxxxx  If you email, or
call,
ask for Abdi, he photocopied all the prices we've arranged, so we should
all
be on the "same page". Here goes:

  1. OM-4 w/50/1.8      $265    leather loose at top corners @ lens mount,
screw
inserted in socket for Grip 1, missing MD cover (had Winder 2   attached,
brassing on back cover in usual places, battery checked OK, looks very
nice
otherwise I'd put this as 8-    8.5. (:>)
  2. OM-2n w/50/1.4 and shoe 4          $299    chrome, easy 8+ in
appearance, battery
check light BLINKED, missing MD cover, had Winder 2 attached.
  3. OM-1MD w/50/1.8 and Fix Shoe       $200    no battery, could not
check meter,
has engraving of owner name on bottom, otherwise 8.5
  4. 100/2.8                    $100    some brassing on aperture ring,
has metal Kalimar hood
(:>)
  5. 200/4.0                      $89   slight brassing, 2 dings on hood,
filter ring
unaffected (:>)
  6. 35-70/4.0                  $159    looked OK, I was starting to run
out of time
  7. 28/3.5                       $59   has non OM rubber hood, clean,
very clean
  8. Winder 2 (actually 2)              $100    both looked in good shape,
checked them on
bodies before removing, each functioned, no MD covers inside
  9. T32                          $89   A few marks, but no serious
scratches, works, tested (:>)
8-8.5
10. T20                   $49   Looks good, also tested OK  8.5
11. Bounce Grip 2                         $85   brassing on bracket at
attachment knob, else very
good, excellent shape, tested w/T32 (:>)
12. Flash Extender                        $20   in good shape
13. M Grip Cord                           $10    OK
14. Type 4 Connector                      $20   Had to give Abdi a break
somewhere!
15. Vivitar 135/2.8                       ???   didn't do more than see
it.  Abdi does not like
non-manufacturers lenses (he sold me a Tamron 70-210 4.5-5.6,  an
autofocus Tamron 70-210/4.0. and a Tamron 28/2.5 for $10 each)!  He
typically sells Tamron mounts to me for $10.  Maybe $20 for the
Vivitar??
16. Kiron 7 element 2X TC                 ???   see comments above
17. Kiron 70-210/4.0                      ???   Don't buy it, cloudy front
element!!
18.  75-150/4.0                                   $89   has original case.
 Can't believe this one hasn't
sold.  The other one, no case and $149, was sold.  This lens is   really
nice!
19. M.15V charger 1                     ????    Looks OK, no way to test
20. Body caps, rear lens caps           ????    2 each
21. T.6 cord (I believe)                        ????    This is the coiled
one, I ran out of time.
Abdi would likely sell for $10

I will be going back through Columbus on Thursday, the 17th, likely ~5:00
or
a little later.  If anyone wants me to re-examine or pickup and pay, let
me
know by Wednesday night.  OR, you can call my cell phone at (937)
609-5264.

Also, Abdi told me that someone on the list called in and bought a lens
recently.  Abdi told that person that I own part of the store!  Geez!!!  I
sure hope that person knows Abdi was joking!!!

A few more notes about Abdi regarding non-manufacturers lenses.  I
recently
bought a Sigma 24/2.8 AF for Nikon from Abdi and a Sigma 90/2.8 AF for
Nikon
for $50 each, both are in excellent shape.  If any Tamron, Sigma or Tokina
lenses are offered by Midwest, talk to Abdi about them.  He will likely
sell
them for EXCELLENT PRICES.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH