Re: [OM] Which OM is best for Macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] Which OM is best for Macro?
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 20:52:39 -0700 (PDT)
Morgan wrote:
(snip) . . . I can't tell which of my slides were taken with the OM-40
or my 2n, or for that matter any other OM body. . . (snip)
I agree. We might prefer a particular model of Olympus camera body
because we want better control of exposure and, IMHO, Olympus has no
rivals in this area. However, that's all it really does for us: all
other aspects of picture quality come from the lens and the film . . .
until, that is, we entrust our exposed film to the tender mercies of
the lab, at which point, especially with prints, all bets are off! A
shot taken with a Zuiko lens is an *Olympus* shot and it's gonna be the
same whatever body was used, whether it be Olympus or any other brand
that'll accept the OM mount (if there are any), assuming we don't goof
on the exposure. OTOH, it could be argued that a shot with a non-Zuiko
lens is NOT an Olypmus shot, whatever body was used! However, who would
want to be that pedantic?  ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray