[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1785

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1785
From: Alan Magayne-Roshak <amr3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 10:57:51 -0500
>I would like to shoot Kodachrome again,..The special sharpness of KR
>appears to >be almost a function of the many layers and a sort of "unsharp
>mask" result. >Compared to other slide films the emulsion almost has a bas
>relief appearance.
>Joel Wilcox
>Iowa City, Iowa USA

As I understand it, Kodachrome consists of three layers of b&w emulsion
with the dyes added in processing, thus allowing a thinner film, and a
unique one.
Also, I'll have to do some new comparisons, but when I used to shoot more
slide assignments with multiple flash, it seemed to me that Kodachrome
handled highlights better than the E6 films.  The E6 whites always seemed
to bloom out into adjacent areas, whereas the Kodachrome was sharply
delineated.

Alan Magayne-Roshak