[OM] Shiping costs ?

Subject: [OM] Shiping costs ?
From: Ruediger Betzold <rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 22:54:17 +0200 (MET DST)
Hi,

somehow off topic, but can anyone tell me please
how much it will cost to send some stuff from
the USA to my place (Berlin/Germany)
are there different possibilities ?
- land/sea (longest)
- by air (shortest)

Any difference between postal service and united parcel service
does they include/exclude insurance - up to what value ?

I think weight might be between 1 and 2 pounds (~1 kilogramm)

to make it Oly related:
I might bid some flash cable stuff and/or lens from eBay and seller
is in the usa.

And for the last question: will there be any exchange charges for the
seller in sending him an international money order ?

thanx
        Rudy Berlin/Germany