Re: [OM] Another Baby

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Baby
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 01:04:32 +0000
Many thanks to everyone who responded so kindly.  Mother and daughter are
doing very well.  I picked them up from the hospital late this morning so
the stay in hospital was only 20hrs or so.

I think the weird Aussies caused a bit of a consternation - no drugs, no
interventions, no repairs and out of there in a flash.

Apparently every woman is requesting an epidural in this particular
maternity hospital these days.  The midwife remarked to the student nurse
to note how alert Aisling looked and how nice it was to see, as most
newborns are not, due to being affected by pain relief medication.

Volkhart Baumgaertner wrote:
> Considering where you are living now - is this Gaelic?

Yes - Aisling - (AH-shleeng)  Old Irish= aislinge "dream, or  vision."
Also = Ashling.

Rand E. wrote:
> It now comes to light, (Olympus captured, of course), what you were busy
> with a while back when you disappeared from the list.  Excellent use of
> time, another wonderful photo subject.

Yes, I think they call it nesting behaviour. 8-)

Dan Lau wrote:
> Looks like it may be contagious.  I'd rather have the
> Zuikoholic disease than this one

Dan, Dan - This provides both an excellent subject to photograph and an
excuse for more or better glass.  ;-)

Tom Scales wrote:
> Congratulations!  What an exciting event.  Did you actually have time to
> comfort your wife while lugging around the equipment? Honestly, I don't
> want to know what the 90/2 macro was for..... New photo opportunities
> will never be far away for you.

Tom, the 90mm was chosen to allow unobtrusive imaging of just the face and
tiny little hands.  It allowed me to shoot away without getting IN the
way.  The 35-80/2.8 magnifies pretty well at 80mm but not quite enough to
capture just the central facial features.

Lex Jenkins wrote:
> Hey, new daddies, when are we gonna see some pix of these li'l 'uns?

I don't have a web site to put it up on.  I might try the site you
suggested, thanks.  Have to get the films developed and scanned first!

Ray Moth wrote:
> It shows that even administering this list leaves some time for home life
> (but I bet not much!) :-)

Administering the list is not quite as arduous as some might think, at
least not the way a slacker like me does it ;-)

John  Hermanson wrote:

marc simon wrote:
> Welcome in the Zuiko world Aisling

Thanks again to everyone