[OM] 50mm/55mm/500mm Lens questions

Subject: [OM] 50mm/55mm/500mm Lens questions
From: Ruediger Betzold <rudy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 03:01:49 +0200 (MET DST)
And some more questions from me (it really seems I don't
know any longer what I'm doing, thought I can controll the
LIST & Oly virus, but lost - not that bad as Tom ;-) but lost ...)

Thought the other day about buying in addition to my
3.5/50 macro an fast standard lens. As I'm doing lots of
difficult light stuff (evening/night/etc) and I can not always
go with a tripod I came up with a 1.4/50 lens. Now I found
an 1.2/55 lens, faster but heavier - that should not the point for me.
After reading Gary's marvelous lens test once again
I think they are comparable in picture quality. Am I right
or does daily work suggests some difference ? (Beside slightly
different focal length)
The point why I see this lens as an alternative is cause
I found one in good condition and the price is nearly the same
as for a good 1.4/50. Normally the price is twice that high at my place.

Add a zero to focal length that is the next question:
a 8/500 reflex zuiko, found one here in good condition
isn't on top of my wishlist, is the lens ~950/1000 DM (~$470) worth it
or would do it some day a Tamron reflex also do a good job ?
Is the handling of the zuiko really better than the Tamron lens as
Gary's test suggest ? What's the price for these ?

Rudy