[OM] Re: Scanner woes and lack of them on Apple Mac

Subject: [OM] Re: Scanner woes and lack of them on Apple Mac
From: "Hilary Stone" <Hilary.Stone@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 10:17:57 +0100
And these sort of troubles are exactly why I wouldn't use a PC but rather an
Apple Mac system. Apple Macs have occasional system problems just like other
computers but because the specs are much more carefully tied down I can
almost always just plug a new scanner, hard drive or CD writer in. And
there's never any silly arcane commands to learn!
    My Apple Mac clone, a Umax Pulsar from 1996 has recently been upgraded
with a new processor card without trouble and is plenty fast enough when
working with 30 or 40MB images in Photoshop ­ though I do need to add some
more memory for the occasional 80 or 90MB images which it is sometimes
necessary to work with.
    And you'll find that almost any software available for the PC is
available for the Mac now. If not it will work under emulation. And with
Macs with the right software you'll always be able to read the odd PC file
sent to you.
Regards
Hilary