RE: [OT] hifi was:[OM] Lens Test

Subject: RE: [OT] hifi was:[OM] Lens Test
From: Frank Berryman <FAB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:27:30 -0500
Actually, the comparison with B & O is particularly apt - both are small and
elegant.  Most of the other stuff mentioned (Pioneer, etc.) is pretty clunky
(like Nikon, Canon, etc.)

Marantz made some fabulous tube components designed by Saul Marantz in the
1960's which are now highly sought after collector items; however, the
company was sold to a Japanese firm (can't remember which one) in the 1970's
and thereafter the products were okay, but pretty ho-hum mass market stuff.