Re: [OM] Olympus Guy

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Guy
From: "Samuel Morales" <dolphans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 02:08:47 -0500
I have personally met and have made some transactions with the Olympus Guy.
His first name is Paul, last name, I forget the spelling, but it's pronounced
something like Van-Tool or Van-Thyle.  He lives out of San Antonio.

He started out like many of us with an affection for the Olympus Brand camera.
He noticed the potential and the following and started a side business selling
the product.  He's a good guy and backs the stuff up if you have a problem.
Comes from the old school, which is starting to diminish.

The Olympus stuff is drying up and hard to find anymore in pawn shops and from
regular customers who sell them at garage sales and what not.  With the
discovery of ebay, the prices have hit the ceiling.  The point I am making is,
it's tuff to find and buy a good used Olympus camera at a reasonable price and
to be able to resell it for a reasonable profit.  The product is harder to find
and for each passing year it becomes a little rarer and more expensive.

Give him a call and talk to him, it wouldn't hurt...

Sam...