[OM] [OT] Vanishing Swap/Trade Shows????

Subject: [OM] [OT] Vanishing Swap/Trade Shows????
From: Charles Packard <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 18:00:00 -0500
Has anyone else noticed that the number of camera swap/trade shows has been
rapidly diminishing in the past few months? Here in Birmingham, Alabama USA
there were four or five a year, Huntsville, a city a couple of hours north,
would have as many if not more and there used to be a camera swap/trade show
once a month outside Atlanta, GA. Now, I have only heard of the Huntsville trade
show happening late this fall. It seems that with the folding of ShutterBug
magazine a lot of the show organizers have thrown in the towel too. This cannot
be good!

My question: Does anybody on the list know of a site or organization that has a
calendar of upcoming shows, especially in the southeastern US? I have found some
pretty decent items at them but more importantly, attending, being around and
handling equipment satisfies an itch that eBay and e-businesses just can't
scratch. And the itch is getting pretty bad these days.

Charles Packard
Birmingham, AL USA